I may have the blues but I got chocolate!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Worst kindling ever

Molly kindled 4 kits on Monday am. I was concerned that something was wrong due to her vent bleeding.
She seemed fine but wasn't eating or drinking much. About 12 hours later I found her with huge clumps of fur in her mouth. She had also ate a ton of fur. 
About 36 hours later she kindled 3 more kits. The nest box was trashed. It looked like she was kindling and digging. In the process she killed several kits. She also delivered one on the wire. 
When I got the best box together I had 4 live kits. One died the next day. One was clearly a fadder.
It died several days later. 

Molly had the worst case of wool block I have dealt with. After 2 days of force hydration and lots of greens soaked she finally passed a huge hair ball and has resumed eating and drinking. 

I also have 2 huge healthy kits. 

But the worst kindling ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment